The untouchable Sauerkraut grilled Sandwich
original recipe by Monkey Artz ©
Gather these items:
- 1 pound sliced deli-style corned beef (you might have to go to that one building that has food on shelves and stuff, oh, and has a Deli).
- Baby Swiss Cheese (again, from the Deli)
Deli Rye Bread or Dark Rye (dark, dark, not light dark)- Sauerkraut (the kind in the bag by the hot dogs, you'll have to leave the deli area)
Butter the bread...yes, butter it. DO IT! Put some butter in the pan too. Turn on heat about MED. Let the butter melt in pan as you are building your sandwich.
Put a bit of mustard or spicy brown mustard on the bread.
RESIST THE URGE TO PUT DISGUSTING 1,000 ISLAND DRESSING ON THIS SPECIAL SANDWICH !
Add some Baby Swiss.
Oops, I almost forgot the Kraut (the real guts of the hero).
Get some kraut out of the bag with a fork and drain some of the liquid off by placing the kraut glob on a paper towel. Helps not soggy the bread so much. Yes, put the kraut on the bread with the corned beef and cheese.
This is getting more fun all the time, isn't it ??? Are you ready for the REAL fun now? I knew you were, I could tell.
Take your perfect bread concoction and place in the pan at Med to Med High Heat. VERY IMPORTANT! Put a lid on it! This helps to melt the cheese faster.
Flip it over when spatula Easily slides under sandwich....cover with lid again. Don't burn it, seriously, don't.
Makes about 4 Sauerkraut sandwiches or 1 frickin' gigantic one.
Monkey Artz ©
"If you try my recipes and do not like them, I really do not care."
"If you try my recipes and do not like them, I really do not care."
humm, maybe I'm just hungry, but that sounds good! (I'm not usually a kraut fan)
ReplyDelete