Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tuna Fish Cucumber Salad

TUNA FISH CUCUMBER SALAD
Original recipe by Monkey Artz ©

4 cans "good brand" Tuna or fresh Tuna (if you have it)
1 or 2 cans of large Black Olives
4 fresh Cucumbers (not the moldy, skinny ones)
2 Onions (this one's easy, everyone is familiar with "the onion")
Vegetable Oil
(or olive oil, canola oil...blah, blah...just get some oil...
the kind you can eat...not oil from a vehicle or someones hair)
Cider Vinegar
1 can water chestnuts
Sliced fresh mushrooms (to your liking)
Salt and ol' reliable pepper

Open cans of tuna and ....yes....I'm going to say it....DRAIN the tuna and then dump it in to a big ol' plastic, stainless steal ....or just a any bigass bowl. Add (chopped) Onions, add the drained cans of Black Olives.  Peel or not peel (to peel or not to peel) the cucumbers and chop them into bite-sized pieces...add to the mix.
Add drained can of water chestnuts.  Add the fresh mushrooms (or not, if you hate the darn things).

Here's the tricky part:  Add equal amounts of Oil and Vinegar to the masterpiece you are making.  Start off with small amounts, and TASTE...until it is the "tartness" or "nottartness" you like.  Add some salt and a dose of pepper.  ( I like a lot of pepper, but you, being YOU, might not).

And that's about it!  Easy Schpadeezy.  You can also add fresh green and red peppers to this if you wish.  IF you WISH, I said.

And again, if try this and you don't like it -- I really DO NOT care.


4 comments:

  1. Eve, did you make those labels on the cans up there too? It looks like your work!! Totally hilarious girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a matter of fact, Sue...those (above) ARE some of my own inventions...."Animal Chunks"....I even sold a few at Charleytown Marketplace! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds stinking good (something smells fishy) to me !
    I am gonna try it. If you can do it, I can do it and I hate to cook too.

    You are too funny...I am laughing my rear off here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, I just hadn't scrolled down far enough to see the option "post link". I feel crazy dumb! Thanks 4 your help.

    ReplyDelete